Ten crucial tips to know how to build a website for free and make it successful. It is easier to build a website today than any other time in history! We are so fortunate to have WordPress available for us to use. The best part of WordPress is that it is FREE!
Can you think of any reasons why someone would want to build a website? If you said to earn online income, you would have chosen the most important reason for desiring a website. The second biggest reason is that it can be FREE. What is better than that?
The most important reason to want a website is having the ability to earn an income. Learn To Make Money From Home will show some niche examples of what to base a website about.
Lets first examine the newest type of website that is becoming the most popular type to use.
What Is WordPress?
WordPress is a new style of website that allows people to use a “plug and Play” approach to building a website. Start with choosing a theme, then customize it to develop their own unique website tailored especially for them.
WordPress is an “open source framework” that has millions of developers and designers that work to make WordPress better. It is by far the largest network of individual developers supporting any framework for building websites.
When WordPress was initially created, the owners made it a “free to use” platform so anyone could use it for free. Currently, there are over twenty-five hundred different themes that are available to use for free.
There are also some two-thousand themes or more that are not free. These specially designed themes are actually free themes that have been customized with certain “plugins”, which are built into the themes. These plugins are mini-programs that have certain limited power to do specific functions on a website.
These “paid” versions of WordPress are usually better coded that make them work a little better than their free version. Their price ranges between nine dollars to over one hundred dollars.
WordPress must still be hosted by an Internet service provider and it still uses an FTP, database protocol and requires a little bit of knowledge to install. However, it is still the easiest platform for a beginner to learn and use for their online marketing.
Most hosting service providers use their own unique installation software to install a WordPress website on their platform. What is great about these WordPress websites is that all the technical knowledge or skill to build and/or install these websites is done automatically.
For a demonstration of how easy it is to build a website for free, I have provided a link to a video so you can see that even a child can build a website.
Some of the advantages and benefits of using WordPress for your websites are:
- Even a beginner with no prior knowledge of coding can build and install
- Over 2500 themes to choose from to achieve just the right look and feel
- No coding, No FTP delivery, and no delay in getting the website online
- Best platform for blogging because it can be interactive
- Provides the best visitor engagement of any website
- Have numerous plug-ins to customize a website into a blog, an e-commerce site, affiliate site, or membership site
- A choice between a static front page or your blog posts page
- Has built-in SEO capabilities for higher rankings in search engines
- Have responsive capabilities for viewing your website from desktop, tablet, or mobile
- Automatic control for smoother operation and faster load times
The best way to build a website for free is to join the largest online university that teaches online marketing. It is always free to join and without a doubt has more successful members than any other known online establishment. Learn from the best to become the best.
Some of the benefits of membership are:
- Two free websites
- Access to over 2500 WordPress Theme websites
- Ten free lessons on selecting a niche, building a niche website, learning keyword research
- Free email addresses (unlimited) for each website
- Free anti-spam software installed on a website
- One month free usage of keyword research tool
- 24/7 access to owners
- 24/7 chat room for help and support
- Can remain a free member for life
To learn more about this online university you can view one of my review pages at An Honest Review of Wealthy Affiliate, or just go see for yourself at Wealthy Affiliate University. Join Today!
For a sample of just a few of the thousands of free WordPress themes below I am providing a preview look from WordPress.org:
1. Twenty Seventeen brings your site to life with header video and immersive featured images. With a focus on business sites, it features multiple sections on the front page as well as widgets, navigation and social menus, a logo, and more. Personalize its asymmetrical grid with a custom color scheme and showcase your multimedia content with post formats. Our default theme for 2017 works great in many languages, for any abilities, and on any device.
2. Poseidon is an elegantly designed WordPress theme featuring a splendid fullscreen image slideshow. The clean typography and spacious white layout make it great to share your stories. You can use the theme as simply a blog or easily create a news website with the widget-based Magazine Homepage template.
3. The Shopper is free WooCommerce & Business WordPress Theme. It provides simply a cool and clean design, easy to use, customizable and fast WordPress theme designed thinking about users needs and requests. It is fully responsive, translation ready, SEO friendly theme with Structured data integrates for Articles & Products Structured data and integrates the industry standard WooCommerce, YITH WooCommerce Wishlist. The theme will be a perfect choice for online fashion store, sports store, handbags store, digital shop, men, kids or women store, cosmetics shop, accessories store, luxury jewelry and multipurpose online stores. See demo: https://demo.shopperwp.com/shopper/
4. Responsive Theme is a flexible foundation with a fluid grid system that adapts your website to mobile devices and the desktop or any other viewing environment. Theme features 9 Page Templates, 11 Widget Areas, 6 Template Layouts, 4 Menu Positions and more. Powerful but simple Theme Options for full CMS control with easy Logo Upload and Social Networking. Responsive is WooCommerce Compatible, Multilingual Ready (WPML), RTL-Language Support, Retina-Ready, Search Engine Friendly, W3C Markup Validated and currently translated into over 45 languages. Cross-Browser compatible. Includes a Testimonial section so you can highlight positive feedback from your customers and boost conversion. Includes a team section to display your team members details. Has a customizable call-out section for key messages, with a Call-To-Action Button. An elegant Contact section to display your address & contact form. Includes Custom WooCommerce Templates. 3 Site layout available – Default, full width & full width without boxes Official support forum (https://cyberchimps.com/forum/free/responsive/). For Weekly Tips on how to get the most out of this theme, sign up here https://cyberchimps.com/weekly-tips-free-responsive-free-theme/. View theme demo here https://cyberchimps.com/responsive-demo/.
As you can see, WordPress has some very elegant and modern looking website themes.
Not only are they each different from one another, but each of them can be customized to give you an additional number of styles, looks and feels.
From utilizing different color schemes to adding or subtracting various theme elements to make each website totally different and unique.
Ten Tips On How To Build A Website For Free and Be Successful
1. Selecting a Niche – The first most important step is to decide what your website is going to be about. A website must have a subject, or Niche, that it will pertain to. So for example, if it will have products to buy then these products should all be related to one another. If the website was about camping, for example, then all products listed would be about what to use when going camping. This website would then be in the niche for Camping.
2. Selecting a Theme – This will be much more complicated given the thousands of different choices available. However, the most important choice is to make sure that the Theme selected is Responsive. That is, it will automatically change to the correct size for whatever the device is being used to view the web-page. Google recently updated their requirements to prefer Responsive over anything else. Knowing what your website will be about aids in the selection process. For example, an e-commerce website will generally have its own products for sale. It must have a shopping cart, a platform in accepting payments and shipping instructions. These sites should also have the HTTPS designation. Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) is the secure version of HTTP, the protocol over which data is sent between your browser and the website that you are connected to. The ‘S’ at the end of HTTPS stands for ‘Secure’. It means all communications between your browser and the website are encrypted. An affiliate site can be either HTTP or HTTPS and it is a site that promotes other businesses products for a commission. Themes for these sites can be any theme available.
3. Find a good host – Selecting a good host is another important step in starting a website, especially for business, because it must be active online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If and when the site goes down for any reason, the website cannot do any business. There are many hosts available at all different pricing levels. The cheapest host is not always the best host to choose, likewise the most expensive can also be problematic. Each host will have various options standard at each level. Some provide the SSL ‘secure” certification at no additional price, others offer it for a higher premium price. Knowing what your website must have in order to make search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing happy will help in your selection process. Choose a host that offers many services at the same price. I recommend a host with the most that offer everything at one price level.
4. Learn good SEO practices – In order for your website to get a lot of traffic, it must be user-friendly and also satisfy search engines specifications. To get your site ranking high in the SERPs (search engine results page) it must use good SEO (search engine optimization). These SEO techniques can be learned easily online. The advantages of using good SEO techniques is that the website will continue to get content placed on page one, position one of the search engines without advertising. (see picture below).
5. Get a good keyword tool – This tool is one of the most important yet misunderstood tools in the online marketer tool-chest. Learning how to use a keyword tool is vital for any long-term online survival. The keyword tool provides the marketer with three important categories. By doing keyword research the information learned will supply the most searched keywords (volume per month), The most traffic to expect from the use of the keyword term (traffic), and how many other websites are ranking for the keyword (competition). Armed with this information the website is able to provide content that is relevant to the user, that will get a higher number of visitors to the website because the content avoided using a search term that a higher ranking website is already ranking for. The keyword tool I recommend is Jaaxy.
6. Submit your website to all search engines – By submitting your website to the search engines, Google, Yahoo, and Bing your website will be placed in their database of all websites which will make the site searchable and accessible to all users.
7. Using Social Media Channels – Most websites never get found because nobody knows that they exist. In order for someone to find a website, they must know about it. If the site doesn’t get placed high in the search engines it will never be found organically. The only other way to get people to know about the website for free is through Social Media Marketing. Social Media Marketing, or SSM, can be done by joining one of the many social media channels, FaceBook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, etc. Once a membership is attained, the website can submit their new posts onto the social media platform. The website can get likes, shares, etc from people viewing these posts and if one of these posts goes viral, which could be millions, instant success is created!
8. Join forums in the same niche – By joining a forum of the same niche as your website you can get tons of traffic by interacting with the forum by answering relevant questions and helping other members. After you have been a member for a certain time frame some of the restrictions are relaxed just a bit to allow you more freedom of expression.
9. Create a list – One of the most important fundamentals of having a website is to also have an email list of subscribers. Have you ever heard of the term, “the money is in the list?” This is what that term is referring to. You offer a gift on your website for free. When someone enters their email address to receive this free gift, you now have their email address. You can now contact them at will with future products for sale. So, in essence, you can sell to this person again, and again, and again.
10. Use PPC for advertising – By advertising you your website you are letting people online know what you have for sale, whether it is information, products or an eBook. Pay Per Click is an online way of advertising by way of a clickable link to an offer you have for sale. Affiliate marketing uses this extensively; a website is promoting a product at Amazon.com. If a buyer clicks the link they are taken to the product sales page. Whatever the buyer buys, the website that had the clickable link is paid a commission by Amazon for bringing the customer to Amazon.
By building a website for free the cost of going into business is now almost zero. The website is free. The hosting of the website, the cost of the keyword tool and/or other various services are the only overhead costs to start an online store.
What are your thoughts?
I would love to hear your opinion of how to build a website for free. Please leave a comment below. I want to help you succeed.
OHH, I forgot to mention the BEST part of joining Wealthy Affiliate. Not only do you get to join free, but they give you two free websites, just to try them out. But even better is all the training! Wealthy Affiliate has all the training necessary to teach anyone, bar none. But as a Premium member, you get 50 websites! Talk about multiple streams of income!
Click the Start A Website button below to join Wealthy Affiliate and start your free account today!
To Your Success